I am a seasoned creative producer with a 30-year proven track record of leadership and successful project delivery across a broad range of cultural endeavours including festivals, theatre, television, film, food, music, comedy and tourism. With extensive experience in international touring and festival production, I am well networked and well respected in creative industries both nationally and internationally.
Areas of Expertise:
- Festival and Event Management
- Strategic Planning
- Policy Development
- Stakeholder Management
- Community engagement
- Artist liaison
- Team management
- Cultural diplomacy
- “Can-do” attitude
Experience and Notable Contributions
- Program Manager, House of Oz, Edinburgh Fringe Festival - 2022 Programmed an all-Australian venue showcasing Australian music, comedy, circus, theatre and cuisine.
- Creative Producer, Public Program and Opening Events, Diriyah Biennale, Saudi Arabia - 2021
Employed by Imagination UK (Middle East) to oversee the Public Program and Opening Events for Saudi Arabia’s first contemporary art Biennale, which opened in Riyadh in December 2021.
- Michelle Wild The Planner – 2020
- Prague Fringe (May 2020) – Cancelled due to Covid
- La Boule de Fort (June/July 2020) – Cancelled due to Covid
- Beyond Borders Scotland (August 2020) – Cancelled due to Covid
- Hyderabad History research trip (September 2020) – Cancelled due to Covid
- Oman Odyssey (November 2020 and January 2021) – Cancelled due to Covid.
Having found myself in Vietnam due to Covid, I relocated from Hanoi to Hoi An in July 2020. I identified an urgent need for events and activities to unite a community that has been devasted by a combination of Covid and severe weather events.
I secured the international rights to produce PechaKucha (a Japanese-devised story- telling format) in Hoi An and produced two very successful events. The first was in English with international speakers (Vietnamese, American, Italian, British). The second was entirely in Vietnamese.
In June 2021 I relocated to Scotland, where I have always maintained strong links since my involvement in Edinburgh Fringe in the early 90s.
Through the Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme I am also working with clients with disability who have always dreamt of international travel. Through the wonders of modern technology, we explored my life in the UNESCO heritage listed town in which I was living, and we are currently exploring my Scotland.
- Michelle Wild The Planner 2016 – 2020
I also established The Season Sessions, a casual networking opportunity for likeminded people. Seasonally we gathered at interesting Melbourne locations (Ballet Lab’s Temperance Hall, social enterprise Streat, the iconic Night Cat, etc.) for great food, wine and conversation.
- Festival Director, Ubud Food Festival (Bali, Indonesia) 2016
- Festival Director, Australia in Turkey 2015, DFAT (Ankara, Turkey) 2014/5
- Festival Director, Barunga Festival (NT, Australia) 2013
- CEO, Flying Fruit Fly Circus (Albury, Australia) 2011/12
- Executive Producer and CEO, Strange Fruit (Melbourne, Australia) 2006/11
- Personal Manager, Michelle Wild Management (Melbourne, Australia) 1993/2005
- Head of Partnerships, Melbourne Festival (Melbourne, Australia) (2016 Temporary)
- Project Manager, Darwin Festival (Darwin, Australia)
- Producer, Darwin Seafood Festival (Darwin, Australia)
- Special Events Co-Ordinator, The Famous Spiegeltent (Melbourne, Australia)
- Associate Producer ‘The Adventures of Lano & Woodley’, ABC TV
- Theatrical Agent, Performers Management Pty Ltd (Melbourne, Australia)
- Production Manager, ‘Fast Forward’ Artist Services Pty Ltd (Melbourne, Australia)
- Assistant to Director, Victorian International Pictures (Melbourne, Australia)
- Associate Producer, Fortune Films (Melbourne, Australia)
- Assistant to Director, Ukiyo Films (Melbourne Australia)
- Independent Arts Agent
- French Teacher, Mitcham High School
- English teacher, Lycee Laetitia (Corsica, France)
- Language teacher, Casuarina High School (NT Australia)
- Commissioner’s Associate, Office of the Industrial Registrar (National Australia)
Consultancies and Representations
- Consultant, Women in Arts and Business Inaugural Tunisia Visit 2019
- Consultant, Oriental Circus Indonesia 2018
Advised on remount and celebration of Indonesia’s oldest family circus.
- Consultant, ABC Listen, OzPod 2018 and 2019
Event Manager of ABC Radio’s annual Podcast conference for industry professionals.
- Consultant, Creative Cubes Co-working space 2019
Creating and producing community engagement program for members.
- Consultant, Bunjil Place, City of Casey 2019
Conducted strategic planning session for arts and culture at City of Casey.
- Consultant, Crazy Horse Paris, Singapore and Macau Productions 2018
Producer representative during first ever Crazy Horse Paris Asian tour.
- Consultant, League Cultural Diplomacy
Research and develop report on funding sources for cultural activities in international trade delegations
- Consultant, Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Foundation 2017
Production and stakeholder management of SAKGF key annual fundraiser – the Paul Bangay Open Garden 2018.
- Consultant, Newsboys Foundation 2016
Creating and delivering series of activities to celebrate 125th anniversary of philanthropic organisation who support young people who need assistance to realise their full potential.
- Consultant, Melbourne Festival 2016
Developing ideas for Melbourne Festival “club” for October 2017 including sourcing temporary site, all theming, programming, menus, etc.
- Consultant, Melbourne Gastronomic Symposium 2016
Theming key events for international symposium at William Angliss Institute
- Consultant, Dolphin Creative (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Facilitated international expansion of Dubai’s largest street performer agency.
- Australian Executive Endeavour Award Holder (Muscat, Oman)
Developed cultural links between Australia and the Arab world.
- Mentor, Elcho Island Galiwinku Healthy Living Festival (Elcho Island, NT, Australia)
Capacity building with Indigenous Festival Director.
- Arts Representative, Australian Professional Women’s Delegation (Kuwait)
- League Cultural Diplomacy: International Advisor (August 2016 – present)
- Alliance Francaise de Melbourne: Board of Directors (2011 – 2012)
- Australian Institute of Export – Member (2007 – 2012)
- Live Performance Australia – Member (2007 – 2012)
- International Theatre Network (IETM) – Member (2007 – 2012)
- International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies – Member (2007 – 2012)
- International Slow Food Movement: member (2000 – 2010)
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival Industry Advisory Committee Member: (Feb 1993 – 2005)
- Fluent French speaker